Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, June 10, 2011

The Man in Brown Stopped By Today



....and look at what he left behind! A box full of NEW Stampin' Up! Treats. These stamps are from a set called Cherish Friendship, and was my first choice from the stamps available on my Demonstrator Pre-Order. I just finished drooling over the new Idea Book and Catalog and though I'd like to take one of each, please! I am not sure that I'll have the time to use absolutely all of it - so I'll have to narrow my choices a bit!

But back to my card...these cherries are the reason I just had to have this set. For this First Stamp I wanted to see if I could get the blended look of Copic markers using Stampin' Up! products. What I've decided is that you really don't need those ultra expensive markers to get this cool blended look on your cards and projects. It can really be done with ink pads or markers and a blender pen! For this image I used both - ink from the lid of my stamp pad, and a little ink from a marker placed on a plastic lid. Once you choose the colors you want to use simply start with the lightest color and work your way up to the darkest using scrap paper as needed to lighten some of the ink on your blender pen.

This card is a hint at what's inside this fabulous new book - lots and lots of banners! It seems that banners are all the rage right now, and they are coming in all sorts of shapes and sizes. As such I think that it is only appropriate to show you a few of the ways you can add them to your current projects using items you probably already own, as you make sure you are able to purchase any LAST CHANCE items you might like to have.

I will be hosting a Mystery Hostess Workshop at my house on Saturday June 25th from 12-2. RSVP and find out the various ways you can get your own copy of the new catalog for FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment - I love to know what you think!