Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, July 26, 2013

Aloha Friday Challenge #4 Mid - Inspiration

Hi Stampers! Happy Friday! I'm back with my second project for the Aloha Friday Challenge #4. Our theme for this challenge is Summer. You can play along with your summer project by linking up to the Kitty Bee Designs Blog. You don't have to use a Kitty Bee Designs stamp, though we would love it if you did!

For my project, I used the Digi Stamp called Follow the Butterfly Bear for a cute little candle box. You can get a copy of this bear as a single digi from Kitty Bee Designs Etsy Shop:






To make my box I used a pattern from Erica Cerwin's blog Pink Buckaroo Designs, you can find the tutorial to make your own if you follow the link. Erica has lots of fun tutorials available for free, and for purchase. I love to peek at her designs now and then, she's so creative!

I colored the bear with Spectrum Noir Markers and then fussy cut her out so she would fit the box better. I used a circle punch to punch out the butterfly and then drew the dashes back in by hand using a journaling marker. The paper is from Recollections and Stampin' Up! (Blushing Bride). Here's a picture of the front of the box:





This box was super duper fast to create using my paper trimmer and score board. I'm sure I'll be making more for the upcoming holidays!

Thanks for stopping by today and have a fabulous weekend!






5 comments:

  1. What an adorable box! Love the embellies! Glad we're teammates!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it!! nice way to dress up the box. so happy to be on the same team with you!!
    :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment - I love to know what you think!