Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, August 28, 2010

BIrthday Party Ensemble



Today is Emma's 7th Birthday! It is a bittersweet thing to watch your baby grow up! I am so proud of her new accomplishments, but know that time flies so quickly and it will only be a matter of time before she doesn't want to cuddle before bed each night - although she tells me differently.

Anyway before they were all gone I wanted to post a picture of the fun things we made - the card toward the back was her invitation. I bought the bright green paper at Life's Memories and More because I didn't think my SU colors were bright enough. When it came time to make the favors though, all I had on hand was Certainly Celery and Pear Pizzaz. We went with the Pear and I guess I like the look after all...I will definitely keep that in mind for the next time!

The Mini Milk carton was made by running the paper through the Big Shot to cut out the milk cartons, then I had to run it through twice more using the embossing folder. It's fairly easy to line up those dots for a second run through the machine, and I only made a boo-boo on one of them! We filled them with Sour Watermelons and used the 1 3/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches to punch the watermelons on top of the box. The white was drawn on with a Gel Pen, and we drew the teeny seeds with a Stampin' Write marker in Basic Black.

The Thank You Cards were made using the new 2 1/2" circle punch that will be available on Sept 1st, and the 1 3/4" circle punch, along with the Sweet Treat Cups, and Sweet Treat Stamp Set. The little gifts inside the balloons are Silly Bands. (This was so much fun to do, I think I will keep my eye out for Halloween Silly Bands to make Halloween Treats for Emma's Class this year - we have a wellness policy so we can send actual treats - but it sure makes coming up with new ideas lots of fun!!)

The invitation was made using my Circle Scissors Plus to cut out the bigger circles, and the Tiny Tags Punch and Stamp Set from the new IBC. The ribbon used was the last of my Mambo Melon from last year's catalog. I love those polka-dots!

Enjoy your weekend everyone :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Emma! My baby turned 7 in May. I love how you put the silly bands in the treat cups. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Katherine! I love the watermelon and what a great idea for the Silly Bands!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment - I love to know what you think!