Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, February 4, 2013

Freshly Made Sketch

Looking back, I was thinking that some of my very best work was inspired by various sketches, although I do not always link up to them. Here is my card for this week's Freshly Made Sketch!
For this card I used a retired tag stamped with Vintage Verses from the 2013 Saleabration collection. I'm a bit of a hoarder with my stamping supplies, so when I find really great things I'm sometimes reluctant to "use them up". On a side note, I wish I could say the same with paper...but that's another post! For this card I used a base of Crumb Cake and sponged the edges with Whisper White Craft Ink. I layered the tag and then folded two doilies in half before adhering them to my card front. Next I stuck the Pool Part rosettes in the middle using some Stampin' Dimensionals. (The rosettes were made with my 1 3/8 inch circle punch). I added some large pearls and finished it off with a bit of Pool Party Seam Binding (retired). The whole thing reminds me of a nosegay! I am hoping to play along with some sketches on a regular basis, but I hope you enjoyed peeking at today's card (and I even think I know who I'll give it to!) Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Doesn't get any prettier than this! So soft and frilly! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! That is absolutely lovely!! Love the flowers with the doily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the details. Those flowers are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Katherine, I love this card! The color combo is great and those little details just enhance it. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card. I love the soft, vintage look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, Katherine! I love the romantic feel! So glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty and romantic! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment - I love to know what you think!