Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Shabby Chic

I have always said that one extra week between Thanksgiving and Christmas would be so welcome! It's hard to believe the holiday is less than 2 weeks away. I haven't even finished making our Christmas Cards yet - I sure hope I can get them in the mail in time! Never mind all the baking, shopping and wrapping left to do!I have put the baking on hold since Emma and I have been sick for no less than 3 weeks - I hope we have a healthy holiday this year! Tonight I am meeting with my Stamp A Stack Card Club for our last 2012 meeting. I find that I am continually amazed by some of the shabby chic projects I find online, but I am never truly satisfied with my own attempts to re-create what I see. This morning I dug into my stash to find some old papers that might fit the bill, and went to work designing a couple of cards for my Stamp A Stack Club that meets tonight.
Here I used my Bingo Background Stamp inked with Soft Suede. I used the star from Jolly Bingo Bits inked in Lucky Limeade to fill in a few of the squares - how am I going to continue when this color retires?? Then I embellished with some pieces from retired Stocking Accents die, Silver Tinsel, Hat Pins and Ruffled Ribbon in Blushing Bride.
For this card I really dug deep into my stash, using some very old papers from My Mind's Eye, and various products from Stampin' Up! Not too bad for a rough attempt at this style, but I think I definitely need to add some more lace ribbon and chipboard pieces to really get the look I'm seeking.I think I may have found it with the color combinations though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment - I love to know what you think!