Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, April 19, 2013

A Shabby Chic Springtime Design

Hi Stampers! Wow - things have been pretty busy around here and as much as I have been trying to keep up with my blog, I have been having a hard time finding opportunities to stamp lately. It was quiet around here a couple days back so I took advantage and have a few things to share in the coming days!

Earlier this year, my daughter came across the best calendar that's full of amazing Shabby Chic photos, so I am putting it to work. I made a card using this month's picture:



Here's my card:



I created my own background by inking the flowers from Fabulous Florets in Daffodil Delight, and stamping them onto a scrap of Whisper White. Then I stamped the stem in Old Olive and popped on a few pieces of Flower Trim that I colored by rubbing them across my Daffodil Delight Ink Pad. I made a few layers using some DSP and a bit of Pool Party - so happy this color is not leaving us! - then put it all together onto a base of Primrose Petals.

I used my stash of Pool Party seam binding for the bow on this card, spritzing it with Stampin' Mist to shabby it up a little before adhering it to my card front. This stuff is yummy!



I don't usually stamp the inside of my cards, but it seemed to really fit this design so I added a teeny bit of stamping to the inside with some Daffodil Delight and Old Olive ink and markers. I hope you liked today's card, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment - I love to know what you think!