Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Quick and Easy Banner Card



I haven't meant to be away from my blog for so long, but this is a busy time of year at work and though I've been able to squeeze in some time here and there to stamp, I have not found it so easy to find time to edit pictures and write blog posts!

This is a card I made for my teaching assistant a few weeks ago. We had a staff appreciation lunch during April Vacation week, and it's a tradition to write a note to people you supervise so hence this card. I had fun making it and used the new Designer Typeset Photopolymer Stamps to make the banner. I started by stamping the banner onto a piece of DSP from my Print Poetry Designer Series Paper Pack from the Spring Catalog. I then cut them apart and added a hand cut flag in between the banner pieces.



Next I splashed the Very Vanilla card base with Raspberry Ripple classic re-inker and my Aqua Painter brush. I finished it off by stamping the greeting in the lower corner - this is from my Made for You stamp set #126342.


This is such a versatile stamp set that has really been my go - to greeting set this past year. I will really miss it when it retires at the end of this month, though I'm sure I'll have little trouble finding something to replace it soon!


Well I'm off to get ready for our first family barbecue of the season. I hope you are enjoying this beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment - I love to know what you think!