Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, February 7, 2010

My Chocolate Bunny



This little guy took me all day to get right. I don't think I ever spent so much time working on a card to get it 'just right'. I started by water coloring some Prima Flowers I had on hand from waaay back and used So Saffron, Rose Red, and Taken with Teal. The color combination was great with the rest of the card, but since they aren't SUO I wasn't sure I wanted to use them on this card. Then I remembered the Eggscellent Eggs Kit from the new Stampin' Up Mini that I hadn't broken out yet and FINALLY I managed to get the right combination. It doesn't show up very well in the picture but I also sponged some Pretty in Pink in the center of the circle with the Bunny.

I love the new Eggscellent Eggs Kit. I am going to have to visit the Christmas Tree Shop or AC Moore to see if I can find some undecorated faux eggs to embellish for family Easter Gifts.

Twice I had to use the sanding block on this card because I am such a klutz - I always have extra ink on my fingers - and I always smudge my cards!

I held onto those Prima flowers, and I probably will recreate the original idea with them, but have to save that for another day!

The materials used on this card:

Stamps:
Chocolate Bunny Stamp
Well Scripted Stamp Set

Card Stock:
Whisper White
So Saffron
Chocolate Chip
Sweet Pea DSP

Ink:
Close to Cocoa
Chocolate Chip
Pretty In Pink

Accessories:
Sizzix Scallop Circles
Sizzix Circles #2
Eggscellent Eggs Kit

2 comments:

  1. This card is gorgeous!!!! I have to try it. Is this going to be your swap? Hint, hint!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment - I love to know what you think!