Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, May 27, 2013

Chi Chi Memories Meets Sweet Sunday!

Hi Stampers, I have a little bit of Summer to share with you today!



Isn't this the cutest sandcastle ever? I grabbed this free Puppet Castle digi over at Chi Chi Memories It was made as an accessory to the Puppet Show Stamp Set but when I saw it, I thought it had Sandcastle written all over it!



I used a combination of techniques to color in the image. I started with a combination of my blender pen and Stampin' Up Markers, coloring the castle in Barely Banana and Summer Starfruit. Along the way I added some More Mustard, Soft Suede, and Crumbcake to add depth to the windows and the base of the image. The background was done with my blender pen picking up ink from my Daffodil Delight and Bashful Blue ink pads. I also used my blender pen to color the little flags Red and Blue in honor of Memorial Day. The "You Are My Sunshine" banner across the top is from Jolee's and came from my Project Life bin. It just seemed perfect for this spot on my card!

The Sketch comes from Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge 185



I also didn't want to leave then inside plain so I jazzed it up using some DSP out of my scrap basket.



Thanks for stopping by today ~ have a fabulous week! I know I will!







5 comments:

  1. Nicely done Miss Katherine!!

    Totally sends Sandcastle vibes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! The inside is totally awesome as well. Gets me in the mood for Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet Katherine! Looking forward to your future Chi Chi projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet card Katherine. Looking forward to your future Chi Chi Memories projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice card Katherine, I like the design in the inside too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment - I love to know what you think!