Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, May 6, 2013

Spring Flowers



About a week back I spent the morning playing with my Fabulous Florets set and practicing some water color techniques. For this card I began by stamping the flower stem twice on my base in Wild Wasabi to make it stretch the length of my card. Next I stamped the flowers in Stayz-On Black and embossed with clear embossing powder. I used Aqua Painters to fill in the centers with Daffodil Delight picked up from the lid of my ink pad. Then I used Mambo Melon to paint the flowers - I was experimenting so I left a bit of white visible. It's good to start lighter and add more color to go darker in the areas you want shaded. I added a bit of Dazzling Details to the flower centers (I always forget I have this stuff) for a little sparkle and popped them onto the card using Stampin' Dimensionals. I used my Aqua Painter and Melon Re-inker to add a splash of color and finished the card with a few Basic Jewels. I think the next time I would add the splash before the colors, but I am pretty happy with how it turned out.

Come back later this week as I share some ideas using a soon to be retired stamp set for this upcoming blog hop!



Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I love how the flowers turned out! Reminds me to get out this set and play !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful flower. This is my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment - I love to know what you think!